If you are looking for an affordable and easy web hosting service for your WordPress blog, look no further than BlueHost. As soon as you start using WordPress on BlueHost, you will realize that this hosting service has been optimized to host WordPress blog and its content. The performance compatibility of the website is so telling that you will fully appreciate the money spent on it. They also offer attractive blue host promo codes for signing up, which makes it a very interesting proposal.
Before we go ahead with the installation of WordPress blog at BlueHost, we will look at some of the features that make BlueHost your ideal hosting service. It comes embedded with cPanel hosting which allows automatic installation of WordPress. It is to be noted here that WordPress needs the hosting account to meet certain technical standards before it can be installed. And the good news is that BlueHost meets each and every one of them.
Even if you are a bit skeptical about trying it out, the low cost guarantees that you don’t stand to lose much if it doesn’t meet your expectations. The money back guarantee and the low subscription charge can be a game changer here.
Steps for installing WordPress blog at BlueHost
There are two ways by which you can have WordPress installed on your BlueHost website. One is the manual way and other is using built in scripts. This is available for free within the hosting control panel. BlueHost comes with a one click installer called SimpleScripts that is easy to use and fast. This auto installer can do all the dirty work for you while you sit back and relax. It can automatically create appropriate databases, FTP, connection parameters etc. Read Bluehost Pro vs Bluehost VPS hosting article to get more idea before choosing right plan for your website.
So, let’s see how this process can be initiated;
- Visit the BlueHost official website.
- On the right top corner, click on the control panel login icon.
- Sign in with your user name and password
- Select the SimpleScripts icon under the Website Builders category. Alternatively, you can directly click on the WordPress icon that will initiate the process.
- By clicking the install button, the auto installer is launched. With WordPress auto installer will display stats like the current version and software developer etc
- Choose the directory where you want WordPress to be installed. If no directories are specified, it will be installed on to the root directly. Alternatively, you can create a new directory and have WordPress installed into it.
- Once that is done, click on Check Domain button. This begins a verification of your domain name.
- To initiate automatic installation of WordPress, click on Install Now
- Grant appropriate permissions on the terms and conditions page
- As soon as the installation is complete, it will give you the credentials that you need to use to access the WordPress dashboard.
- Here, you can initiate building of your WordPress blog site.
By following the above steps, you can easily have your WordPress site hosted on a BlueHost account.